Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

IKEA, HERE I COME!




Here is a before & after of a funny old chair I purchased on Trade Me for $1.00.....after removing the nasty dust-laden orange moquette fabric I recovered it in my upholstery class in the funkiest Ikea black patterned fabric I bought last time I was in Australia.




I've not seen anything in NZ yet that rivals the Ikea textiles so am resigned to the fact I'll be paying excess baggage when we visit the big yellow Melbourne store next week, YAY.

2 comments:

Restyled Vintage said...

very cool! Where do you do your upholstery class? I need to do one of those to save on costs of doing up stuff! I just bought a daybed on trademe today for $6 and it needs recovering so I might try and give it a go myself :)

Stef said...

Wonderful job! My sister-in-law and I popped in today for the first time. What a find! I'm sure you'll find us to be regular customers. Stef :)